Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Beginning of the End

Throughout the week I did manage to film the car scenes. In my last two blogs, I explained that I was going to start filming in my car. On Wednesday did all the car scenes and today I started editing. I first started my editing on studio pinnacle. This application is available for free on the school computer in my media class so, I tried to have everything ready. As usual, pinnacle studios took forever to work. I arranged the scenes that I filmed in order and edited each one. The minute I retrieved a computer I hooked my phone up to it. I recorded the best that I could on there and I think it came out pretty good. I put them into a specific folder for the movie and started the time-consuming task of using pinnacle studios. After it loaded up I imported all of the clips into pinnacle studios. I imported four scenes into the software and started tweaking with them. Before doing this at school, I edited a sample at home with those same four scenes. I used iMovie instead of pinnacle studios at home. With iMovie, I found it easier to edit and get what I want to be done. I prefer it over pinnacle studios and if I can’t use it to turn in my final, I plan on using it to at least make sample films. Since I have a limited amount of time in class to use pinnacle studies I think that iMovie is the best bet for me to get things done efficiently. Using iMovie first, I cropped down the clips to exactly what we would need to emphasize that this is a film under the Thriller genre. For certain shots, I slowed them down just a little so they are smoother. For others, I sped them up to replicate human actions when it is a point of view shot. Of course, that was easy to make on iMovie and my goal was to replicate that same sample with pinnacle studios. The first thing I did was crop all of the scenes that I imported and merged them together to keep it as continuous as possible. Seeing as those four scenes are the end of the film it wasn’t too much work. I saved the final result and exported it back into my file so I could see the end result. 


No comments:

Post a Comment