Monday, February 24, 2020

Car Filming

So this weekend I also didn’t get to film the main chunk of the video like I wanted to. It rained again and I worked all weekend. However, the free time that I did have, I put it into filming the car scenes. The setting of the movie was at night so I had to wait throughout the day to finally record that part. During that time I added more onto the storyboard so I can get more details in. While the official filming date is still on the 29th of February I did manage to shoot some mini shots. I showed my partner the shoots taken and we decided on more shots that could be filmed before the official filming day. This took the help of my friend Naelys who is also one of the main characters in the film. I decided to record on my phone so my partner and I wouldn't have to deal with the checking out process for the cameras. It was fine for my friend Naelys to sit in for that scene because the actor was never seen. The first thing I did was go over the shooting script and pick out the car scenes. Those ended up being scene 20 to 24. While it is just four scenes, I believe that getting easy scenes like that out of the way is the most important thing to do. We are planning on filming at night so we have a limited amount of time to film. In order to stay safe, we would be filming at 7'oclock in order to get the night sky but it is still not too late. Depending on the quality of the phone video, it might be included in the final product. Seeing that the whole film will be taking place at night I knew that we'd, Naelys and I, would have to wait until 7o'clock before we even thought of filming. Once the sun started to set we got into my car and I started setting up the scene. The only problem that could occur is the lighting being too low and the camera is unsteady. In that case, I took extra measures. I moved my car right under two streetlights, which will be similar to the actual thing, so we had good lighting. I also made sure the setting that is seen from the windshield wouldn't be different from when we film in the official location.





No comments:

Post a Comment