Thursday, March 5, 2020

Final Task Peer Review

For the peer review, I reviewed group 15. The first thing that I noticed about the film is that there is really good sound. The dialogue was never covered by any background sounds and the sound that they wanted to be heard was heard clearly. Even background sounds seemed intentional in the storyline. The lighting of the film was also done very well. While I’m not completely sure about the genre of the film or the story that they are trying to get across, for the actions taking place within the scenes; the lighting is appropriate. However, a drawback of this can be that the lighting is too drastic. While yes, every lighting that I saw matched the setting however, having the screen constantly switch from really bright to really dark isn’t the best thing. Now again, I am only saying this because I’m still not completely sure of the genre and this may be a convention of your genre and if it is, it was done well. At the moment, because the genre of the film is not explicitly clear, I can’t come to that conclusion just yet. For example, one scene is of an actor walking outside, it was very sunny and bright. The audience was led to believe, in the previous scenes, that this film is taking place in the morning therefore, the lighting was appropriate. Another aspect of the film that I noticed immediately was that it lacked titles. The film was one minute and 14 seconds long, which is below the correct length necessary, so I assumed that they maybe did not finish. This would explain the lack of titles. I also noticed that it lacked a clear storyline or genre. While watching the film I was trying to guess what type of movie this would turn out to be however, I never figured it out. Those aspects of the storyline may be in parts that I haven’t seen yet, however, with a time limit of two minutes I would expect to see at least some of the intended genre embedded into the film already. I am not sure if this editing was rushed; some shots just seemed to be put in there without meaning. While they did check off the boxes of 'shots necessary for the film they didn’t seem to have significance in the film. An example of this is at around 57 seconds into the film there was an establishing shot. The shot makes sense for the change in the location however, right after, there was an extreme close-up that flashed for a couple of seconds and didn’t really seem to make sense. Transitions like these come off as untidy and choppy. It does not help the storyline seem cohesive.









No comments:

Post a Comment