Friday, March 13, 2020

Missing Actor

This weekend we managed to film more clips to improve the quality of the original film. The first problem that we ran into was that Michelle was going out of town. My partner and I both work so this was the only time we could’ve filmed. So we ended up filming at my partner's pool. Instead of it being at Michelle apartment complex with two floors and a more open layout, it was at my partner's house. We knew that our film couldn’t be very different from our original script so we improvised a lot to make everything fit. the original plan was to just have Michelle and Naelys act while my partner and I solely film and direct. That wasn’t the case though. When we found out that Michelle was not going to be available we immediately started scouting different actors but none of them were available. In that case, I ended up playing Michelle and my partner played Jackie. Since we weren’t fully prepared to be playing these roles we weren’t equipped with different clothes to switch into. This created some difficulties when filming. We’d have to be positioned in uncomfortable ways to avoid catching noticeable features. Seeing that it was only three of us and I had majorly worked on the visual aspects of the movie it was a bit aggravating to not have things come out the way I wanted it. Not to mention, we had to film on our phones because of our missing actor. While we could’ve still filmed with the tripod and camera it would’ve taken entirely too much time to do so. We were filming at night so the time period we had to film was very little. As much as I wanted to get everything right that night it was nearly impossible to do. We are planning on filming the car scene one more time because it was quite confusing because you could see that I was playing the mother even though I was playing Michelle originally. If we get lucky, we can get Michelle to come film with us and it might come out better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment