Thursday, March 12, 2020

iMovie over Pinnacle Studios

For this blog, I took the original clips and edited them together. I used the software iMovie to edit my clips together. When filming both my partner and I filmed certain scenes. seeing that I am usually the one in charge of editing I asked her to send the scenes to me. The first thing that I did was put all the scenes in a folder in my photo album. After that, I imported them into the iMovie app. I tried to put them in chronological order when inserting them. I followed the storyboard that we made when inserting the clips. I had a lot of difficulties doing this because I had to do all of this on my phone. However, it was still far easier than using pinnacle studios. So as I put each scene in I cut them down to the necessary length that I needed and just combined them all. My main goal was to have the clips put in chronological order. The first thing that I noticed was that the ambient sounds were very loud. So using the sound section of iMovie I was able to control how loud the sound of the scenes was. At this time there were no transitions put in yet so I tried to make the sound flow as smoothly as possible.  For scenes that had no dialogue, I let the ambient sounds be at the forefront. They usually stayed in between the 30% and the 50% mark. Because we filmed so late at night, the crickets and katydids were very loud and could clearly be heard throughout the film. In scenes with dialogue, the voices easily drowned out all of the ambient sounds.  For specific scenes, like scene 13, I had to record a voice memo of the dragging sound and then placed that memo on top of the clip. To do that I also had to detach the original sound on the clip. I did that for certain scenes where I really wanted specific sounds to be heard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment