Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the Final Task

Throughout the last semester of AICE Media, I have learned many things that go into the creation of a film. I've discovered some of my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to filming. Noticing those were very essential to realize before starting the final task because time will be better managed. After starting to film these videos I realized something about myself. While I was never sure about what I want to do in the future, I know for sure that I'm not made for the film making industry. While I did notice that my writing style has developed over the course of this class, I struggle with bringing that vision to life. So if I was to actually go into the film industry I would be more included in the writing process of the script. 
One thing that I've learned is that I struggle with coming up with storyboards. My imagination is usually way too ahead of what I can actually draw. To compromise for that I focus on the details of my film that are essential in being filmed and getting that picture down as best as possible. I also will make sure to have detailed descriptions of each picture. This would really save time when it comes to reading the storyboard. another weakness of mine that I noticed is the non-consistent camera placement. for this final task, I am going to rely on the tripod shots more than handheld ones. This will help the video be steady all the way through and the camera placement to not change much within a shot. My partner Emily would help me in achieving all of this during this project.

The first thing that we must do to start this final task is to come up with a pitch. A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Usually done within ONE sentence.
 We came up with these three pitches: 

"'Sweet' Grandma Jackie is looking for new kids to raise and her neighbor's kids seem to fit her criteria, she intends on taking them"

 "Karen does not think Michelle is worthy of her daughter's love so, for her daughter's wellbeing she will get rid of Michelle."

"Naelys freshly immigrates to the U.S meets American born and raised Dylan. Together they navigate through America learning about themselves and how they're perceived."



Us coming up with ideas while simultaneously getting actors. 

Finalizing our Pitches

No comments:

Post a Comment